Share | 

Lots of new Sci fi shows coming up this season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Male Posts : 6340

PostSubject: Lots of new Sci fi shows coming up this season   Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:02 pm

I am excited, for all the Sci fi fans out there, lots of Sci fi shows and very new and origianl new shows coming to tv in the next couple of months. Looks to be one of the best seasons ever, I hope. Lost girl, the river, to name a couple. The River is like a lost kind of thing. Alcatraz is sci-fi good. Lost girl sounds crazy good as she feeds on male human energy. Lots more of them I read about, sounds like lots of fun TV, AWSOME!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers :(thecircle): :(yay): :(yay): :(happyhappy): :(happyhappy): :(thewave): :(thewave): :(cheerleader): :(cheerleader):
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1228

PostSubject: Re: Lots of new Sci fi shows coming up this season   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Alcatraz (Jan 16th) won't last
The River (Feb 7th) won't last
Lost Girl (Jan 16) already has 2 seasons aired in Canada

I was interested in Alcatraz at first, not so much anymore... River just seems like a bust but Lost Girl seems interesting.

There's also Touch (FOX) and Awake (NBC) not as Sci fi as the others but in that realm that you might enjoy.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Lots of new Sci fi shows coming up this season   Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:10 pm

mk_philly wrote:
Alcatraz (Jan 16th) won't last
The River (Feb 7th) won't last
Lost Girl (Jan 16) already has 2 seasons aired in Canada

I was interested in Alcatraz at first, not so much anymore... River just seems like a bust but Lost Girl seems interesting.

There's also Touch (FOX) and Awake (NBC) not as Sci fi as the others but in that realm that you might enjoy.

Yeah I know, lots of good shows or hopefully good. How do you know Alcatraz will not last or the River before they even air or if they are even any good?
Alcatraz looks good, not sure about the River yet, Lost girl looks good too. Most new shows have about a 50% chance of making it more that 6 weeks.
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Lots of new Sci fi shows coming up this season   Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:39 pm

I follow tv like CNN follows politics lol. I talk to a lot of tv critics online who have already watched the shows, read their reviews and so on. Then I base my opinion on what I know and what they do and make a guess as to which shows will last or not.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Lots of new Sci fi shows coming up this season   Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 pm

mk_philly wrote:
I follow tv like CNN follows politics lol. I talk to a lot of tv critics online who have already watched the shows, read their reviews and so on. Then I base my opinion on what I know and what they do and make a guess as to which shows will last or not.

sounds cool, but then if it is all true, which it may be and Alcatraz is going to be a dud and that is sad. I love JJ Abrams stuff!
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Lots of new Sci fi shows coming up this season   Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Its been mixed for Alcatraz, but overall the same concerns that have me wondering if I'll like the show. Mondays are a tough night for a new show to come in halfway through a tv season and find an audience but we'll see. I do enjoy stuff by Abrams as well, my only annoyance with him is he gets the show up and running and then leaves it in the hands of other people and hopes for the best. He needs to be more hands on with things and if that means less shows from him, I'm happy with that... 2 good ones is better than have 4-5 failures.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Lots of new Sci fi shows coming up this season   Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:25 pm

mk_philly wrote:
Its been mixed for Alcatraz, but overall the same concerns that have me wondering if I'll like the show. Mondays are a tough night for a new show to come in halfway through a tv season and find an audience but we'll see. I do enjoy stuff by Abrams as well, my only annoyance with him is he gets the show up and running and then leaves it in the hands of other people and hopes for the best. He needs to be more hands on with things and if that means less shows from him, I'm happy with that... 2 good ones is better than have 4-5 failures.

Very true and for example the movie super 8, I think it would have made for a great film if he made that whole movie on his own and left Speilberg out to throw in his ET touch! And JJ Abrams has yet to make a bad show and even the ones the fade from the mass public, such as Alias, I loved some of those shows up to the last episode, like Fringe as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots of new Sci fi shows coming up this season   

Back to top Go down

Lots of new Sci fi shows coming up this season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1