Share | 

Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2191

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:01 pm

I am soooo happy for my Ravens... wooohoooooo

I was however disappointed with how they played. Geez... did they feel this would be an easy win???? Where was my almighty Sack-master Suggs??? At least my Lewis showed up to play!... and about the 3rd quarter I was screaming... Flacco kept handing the ball to Rice to run up the middle and it just wouldnt work... "do you think if this play didnt work the first 75 times... that maybe it will work now???? NO!!!!!!! Try something else." Torrey couldnt catch anything and Boldin got one out of how many?????? Did Flacco even try to run with the ball at all, if he did I missed it. He never even came out of the pocket..did he????

I dont know where my usual Ravns were, but they BETTER have it together for NE!!! I love my team... and I admitt I dont know very much about football...BUT.. I think I could of called some better plays this week.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11288

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:36 pm

muggs1953 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Results:

San Francisco 36, New Orleans 32

New England 45, Denver 10

Baltimore 20, Houston 13

NY Giants 37, Green Bay 20

mema - 4-4
kermit - 4-4
muggs - 3-5
capri - 6-2
ctown - 5-3

What a weekend of football! All good games except the Denver/Pats blowout.

I wish they played football year roud!

I wish they did too, so we could do this year round. Predicting the games with all of you has been great fun!!!!!

I agree 100% muggs! Smile

congrats again to mema and her Ravens!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9088

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:39 pm

I usually don't care much for Jimmy Kimmel, but this is hysterical:

Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:01 pm

How I could get all 4 picks (with the spread) WRONG but all 4 over/under right is beyond me!

Anyway, here are the standings through 2 rounds:

Capi - 10 right - 6 wrong (4 and 4 on picks, but 6 and 2 on points)

Mema - 10 and 6 (5 and 3 on both picks and points)

Kermit - 10 and 6 (3 and 5 on picks - 7 and 1 on points)

CTown - 8 and 8 (4 and 4 on both picks and points)

Muggs - 6 and 10 (1 and 7 on picks 5 and 3 on points)
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:26 am

Congrats goes out to CAPRI for this weeks picks!!! You go GIRL!!!!!

Big Thanks to Kermieeee for makng the stats chart!!!! Awesomeness... and Congrats to Capri and Kermieeee for being in the lead!

Yes, it is sad to MUGGS.. I wish we could do this every week!

....and last but not least... Thank you ctown for having this little party thread for all of us to be together and have a friendly competition.... LOVE it!

(I wish you would show me a teeenie tiny mi-nute bit of support for my Ravens... I am so excited... but I understand your dispise-ness for my team!

In my perfect little world it would be the 49ers and Ravens to the superbowl!! Oh what fun that would be..... My Ravens and Akers 49ers(my hubby still talks with him and he is so happy to be there.)

Last edited by just-mema on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Why, thank you mema! Smile I am going to miss this when it is all over. It has been a lot of fun and makes watching the games that much more exciting. Thanks to ctown and kermie!

I am rooting for your Ravens mema but I have a bad feeling about this weekend, don't know who I am going to pick for that game!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks Capri !!!

For your picks...just go with your heart!

Ravens !!!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:29 pm

You forgot yourself among the leaders. Its funny how we all got there - some are better pickers while others are better pointers.

It is funny when you root for a game - in the Ravens game, I was happy when Houston got a FG to put that low scoring game in the "under" category (meaning I was still getting a point) but if Ravens got a TD, the score would be "over" but I could have a Ravens win/cover
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Imagine what it is like when you are actually betting on the games.

I remember years ago I was in Vegas for the games and bet a 5 team $50 parlay (basically I picked 5 games/point totals and they all have to win) and it would have paid $1000.

I had one game left and it was Buffalo and New England, Buffalo was getting 3.5 points. It was late in hte game and Buffalo was up by 4 and New England was driving. I was thinking that it was great, let New England score, kick the extra point and win the game by 3 and I would win by .5 point. Well New Engalnd scored on the very last play of the game and tehir dick head coach (Pete Carrol at the time) went for 2 and got it, so instead of winning by .5 I lost by .5!

That may have been the greatest display of profanity in the history of Caesars palace and I despise Pete Carrol to this day.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:52 pm

just-mema wrote:

(I wish you would show me a teeenie tiny mi-nute bit of support for my Ravens... I am so excited... but I understand your dispise-ness for my team!

It's very tough for me mema, but I think I would much rather see the Ravens in there instead of the Patriots. The only other time you would find me rooting for the Ravens is if they play Pittsburgh (Sorry Capri)
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:58 pm

ctown28 wrote:
just-mema wrote:

It's very tough for me mema, but I think I would much rather see the Ravens in there instead of the Patriots. The only other time you would find me rooting for the Ravens is if they play Pittsburgh (Sorry Capri)

I agree ctown, and no need to apologize! Smile

Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:51 pm

pointers and pickers...LOL

thanks for sharing the story ctown... I love vegas. Wish I could go again...*sigh

In my hubbys work football pool...I always lose by the dang points. I do much better when it is straight up picking...lol

My darling amazing daughter is a PATS fan...uggghhh, I keep threating to "ground" her if they win... oh the power of parenthood. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions   

Back to top Go down

Playoff Divisional Round Predicitions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2