Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9618

PostSubject: The Walking Dead   Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:26 am

Anyone else watching this show?

It's the 2nd season and I didn't see the first, but a quick read on the wiki page has me caught up pretty quick. Looks like a decent show and the ending of the first episode this year caught me completely off guard!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11438

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:09 am

ctown28 wrote:
Anyone else watching this show?

It's the 2nd season and I didn't see the first, but a quick read on the wiki page has me caught up pretty quick. Looks like a decent show and the ending of the first episode this year caught me completely off guard!

Just finishing the first season, love this show!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2693

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:06 am

I watched last season & I really like it. Good mix of all different personalities thrown together against the walkers. Yes, the ending of the first episode was totally unexpected & I had my eyes half closed because I thought a walker was going to come out & attack the deer & being an animal lover I couldn't watch. In the first season there was an episode w/a horse that I couldn't watch either.....that's just me. Not a good show to watch before bedtime!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:33 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:
I watched last season & I really like it. Good mix of all different personalities thrown together against the walkers. Yes, the ending of the first episode was totally unexpected & I had my eyes half closed because I thought a walker was going to come out & attack the deer & being an animal lover I couldn't watch. In the first season there was an episode w/a horse that I couldn't watch either.....that's just me. Not a good show to watch before bedtime!

Lyndsey, I know, I can watch just about anything but an animal or a child gets hurt and it is all over for me! I was a wreck when I watched "I Am Legend" for that reason alone.

Still, it is a good show!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 am

capricious1 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

Lyndsey, I know, I can watch just about anything but an animal or a child gets hurt and it is all over for me! I was a wreck when I watched "I Am Legend" for that reason alone.

Omg yes, that beautiful German Shepherd! I was a nervous wreck when he charged into that warehouse. Today was very upsetting to me, seeing the news about the animals in Ohio....it's always animals that pay the price for man's stupidity & ignorance.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

Omg yes, that beautiful German Shepherd! I was a nervous wreck when he charged into that warehouse. Today was very upsetting to me, seeing the news about the animals in Ohio....it's always animals that pay the price for man's stupidity & ignorance.

So very true, those poor creatures, most of which had to be killed Mad6

Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:44 pm

I saw the S1 pilot, but caught the rest in a marathon showing. Some things they could be doing better - others are ok.

I guess being a SHOW vs a MOVIE there isn't anything towards a resolution happening

How did this happen - why are some folks still around - things like that

S2 is interesting so far...will they find the girl...will the boy make it, etc.

I'm not sure how the S2-E2 farm folks survive w/o having a field full of zombies. I'm not sure why all of those zombies would be outside of that school (when Shane and the other guy went looking for medical supplies). You'd think they would be wandering around looking for zombie munchies.

Its gross (the zombie autopsy) - its intreging

I read that they will have more eps to the season this year
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Sad but not shocking ending to the midseason finale

R.I.P. (again)
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

Female Posts : 7126

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:23 am

KermitTFrog wrote:
Sad but not shocking ending to the midseason finale

R.I.P. (again)

Agreed, I was left looking at the screen wonding why the ass hole that started the whole thing didn't feel the need to man up and do what the leader of the group had to do.

(trying to do it without giving too much away is very hard...lol)

I like it, and I only saw a few of the ep from the first season. Tryed to catch a marathon but I guess I missed it. Dag nab it!....lol

affraid  lol!  confused  WTF?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 am

After waiting all this time for a new episode I have to say that I was disappointed in the start to the 2nd half of the season.

Maybe it's just me, but when watching a show about a zombie apocalypse, I expect to see zombies!

Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1228

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:24 am

I don't watch the show but I have to comment on how the show got 8.1 million viewers on Sunday. Thats for a CABLE show... Very impressive and I can't wait to see if Game of Thrones can top 10 million now.
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:57 pm

ctown28 wrote:
After waiting all this time for a new episode I have to say that I was disappointed in the start to the 2nd half of the season.

Maybe it's just me, but when watching a show about a zombie apocalypse, I expect to see zombies!

We did have more story then zombie on Sunday - the bar...the auto accident (hey, a zombie)

I agree - it was a slow restart

I WANNA SEE MORE DEAD PEOPLE (and not just my co-workers)
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:54 pm

If the group on this show decides to head off to Texas, and the meet up with a cop there and the cop gets bit and turns into a zombie, do you think they would call him Walker, Texas Ranger?

Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:36 pm

HA - the Walkers are moving at a faster pace than this show is

Did they run out of plot or something - maybe it would have been better if last night's Walker took out the earlier survivor he saw vs the one he did!
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Not quite a shocking ending - kind of saw it coming (more or less)

At least we have less chit chat and more action...as the season winds down
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:41 pm

I know not many are watching this show, at least nobody wants to talk about it, so I guess I will just have to entertain myself here:

Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Carl would make for a yummy snack - THAT would be a great finale

Of course, that would mean 3 main characters gone in 1 season...
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:08 pm

What is up with the guy in the cloak?

I heard there would be a prison involved (the far shot at the end) - that would be a good place to hold up once you cleaned it up - its got walls and security (unless it was breeched)
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:42 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I know not many are watching this show, at least nobody wants to talk about it, so I guess I will just have to entertain myself here:

This is hilarious...thanks for sharing! Guess Carl has no house to go to anymore. OMG
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:42 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:

I heard there would be a prison involved (the far shot at the end) - that would be a good place to hold up once you cleaned it up - its got walls and security (unless it was breeched)

That is a character named Michonne. Supposedly she is like some sort of ninja. And those two walkers she had with her are her pets. She cut off their arms and their jaws so that they can't attack her
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Lyndsey45 wrote:
This is hilarious...thanks for sharing! Guess Carl has no house to go to anymore. OMG

Now that they are going to the prison, I think they should lock his ass up so they can keep tabs on him!
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:07 pm

ctown28 wrote:
KermitTFrog wrote:

That is a character named Michonne. Supposedly she is like some sort of ninja. And those two walkers she had with her are her pets. She cut off their arms and their jaws so that they can't attack her

I was wondering about that. My brother was walking by when it aired and he asked me why the walkers weren't trying to attack the cloak guy. I said no arms and no mouths make them kind of like a pet...I guess.....turns out I'm right....LOL

I had also wondered why they didn't use like sworads or bow and arrows or even machitees, more offten then guns. With a sworad you can kill more quitely and more quickly. There is the little problem of having to be near them to use it....lol

Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 pm

I know - while you could find places that have bullets (police station, sporting goods), there are times that you'd be low on them.

Swords, spears and reusable sharp objects would be better - heck even alumiumn baseball bats would be nice. They don't break like wood (zombies are not vamps afterall) and you'd be able to find a lot of them.
Back to top Go down
Naru
MOD Goddess
MOD Goddess

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:04 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:
I know - while you could find places that have bullets (police station, sporting goods), there are times that you'd be low on them.

Swords, spears and reusable sharp objects would be better - heck even alumiumn baseball bats would be nice. They don't break like wood (zombies are not vamps afterall) and you'd be able to find a lot of them.

I often wonder if this was a real situation how I would do.....I don't know if I could kill even if they were already dead. But then again....in that situation who knows what I could or couldn't do. You can never tell untill you are placed in that situations. It is interesting tho. I'm thinking of making a thread about Zombies attacking what do you do? Just to see how many people think they would survive....lol

Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 pm

#1 - learn how to run faster than anyone else in your group!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next