Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11433

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:57 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:
I finally got to watch the episode & loved it. I guess Dr. Arden & Sister Eunice are off to hell together, lol. Had to watch The Name Game a couple of times...it really looked like a lot of fun. You know what kind of creeped me out.....Pepper speaks with a "normal" voice. I pictured her having this really snarly kind of slobbering voice & when her head popped up & she spoke normal, it was creepy....aside from what she looks like.

I love the idea of voodoo & witchcraft for next season...hope it's true.

I LOVED that she spoke in such a calm, clear voice......perfectly creepy!

I do hope it is some kind of voodoo and or witchcraft theme next season, especially set in the south or Salem......woohoo!

Let's try the name game with Lyndsey....... Very Happy

Lyndsey Lyndsey bo Byndsey, banana fana fo Fyndsey, mi my mo Myndsey........Lyndsey! :sunny:

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2693

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:57 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:
I finally got to watch the episode & loved it. I guess Dr. Arden & Sister Eunice are off to hell together, lol. Had to watch The Name Game a couple of times...it really looked like a lot of fun. You know what kind of creeped me out.....Pepper speaks with a "normal" voice. I pictured her having this really snarly kind of slobbering voice & when her head popped up & she spoke normal, it was creepy....aside from what she looks like.

I love the idea of voodoo & witchcraft for next season...hope it's true.

I LOVED that she spoke in such a calm, clear voice......perfectly creepy!

I do hope it is some kind of voodoo and or witchcraft theme next season, especially set in the south or Salem......woohoo!

Let's try the name game with Lyndsey....... Very Happy

Lyndsey Lyndsey bo Byndsey, banana fana fo Fyndsey, mi my mo Myndsey........Lyndsey! :sunny:

I can already see the streets lined with those mossy trees...perfect setting.

Love my new names, lol. Thanks Bapri, Fapri, Mapri!

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 9585

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:06 pm

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/14156/20130103/american-horror-story-season-3-spoilers-clue.htm

Quote :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night "American Horror Story" returned from its brief hiatus with episode 10,"The Name Game." A shocking episode with multiple deaths, fans not only watched in awe...but watched for clues. As we previously reported , co-creator Ryan Murphy revealed to Entertainment Weekly that a clue to season three would be hidden somewhere within episode 10. So...what is it?

While we can't be certain until Murphy confirms the season three clue, we have some of our own ideas:

Witchcraft

The song, "I Put A Spell On You," by Screamin' Jay Hawkins was the first song played on Briarcliff's new jukebox in episode 10...but is the song a clue? If the song is a clue, we'd have to say that season three of "American Horror Story" is going to involve witchcraft...possibly set in Salem, Massachusetts?

The Government

A quick camera shot displayed a record from the jukebox that read, "The Congress." Murphy teased that the clue would be quick, so could "Congress" be hinting at a future season in politics? We're thinking shady cover-ups, murder and secret spies!

Freak Show

Pepper returned to "American Horror Story" after being MIA for a few episodes, and she has definitely contributed to an interesting new plot line...Grace's revival and accelerated pregnancy. A definitely interesting twist, Dr. Arden obviously felt the same...which spurred his desire to perform an x-ray and c-section on Grace. Fortunately Pepper was there to protect Grace, leading her into a pretty interesting (yet disturbing) speech on freak's...like her. A possibility for season three could be a circus freak show!

Farm

Episode 10 seemed to have a lot of animals being thrown around in conversation (ducks, parrots, dogs). While those are not really traditional farm animals, season three could take place on a place that generally houses animals, like a farm or possibly even a zoo.

Fans will have to wait patiently for Ryan Murphy to reveal the epic plans for season three of "American Horror Story," but he did leave a couple hints with Entertainment Weekly to hold fans over.

"I sorta feel like for the third season I want to do something that's a little bit more 'evil glamour.' Just something that's a little bit more...one of the things that I missed this season was I really loved having that Romeo & Juliet youth story with Violet and Tate," explained Murphy. "I want something like that again and we're doing something like that in the third season. And we're contemplating shooting it in a place in the country where true horror has been. We've got lots of delicious plans."
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:19 pm

ctown28 wrote:
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/14156/20130103/american-horror-story-season-3-spoilers-clue.htm

Quote :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night "American Horror Story" returned from its brief hiatus with episode 10,"The Name Game." A shocking episode with multiple deaths, fans not only watched in awe...but watched for clues. As we previously reported , co-creator Ryan Murphy revealed to Entertainment Weekly that a clue to season three would be hidden somewhere within episode 10. So...what is it?

While we can't be certain until Murphy confirms the season three clue, we have some of our own ideas:

Witchcraft

The song, "I Put A Spell On You," by Screamin' Jay Hawkins was the first song played on Briarcliff's new jukebox in episode 10...but is the song a clue? If the song is a clue, we'd have to say that season three of "American Horror Story" is going to involve witchcraft...possibly set in Salem, Massachusetts?

The Government

A quick camera shot displayed a record from the jukebox that read, "The Congress." Murphy teased that the clue would be quick, so could "Congress" be hinting at a future season in politics? We're thinking shady cover-ups, murder and secret spies!

Freak Show

Pepper returned to "American Horror Story" after being MIA for a few episodes, and she has definitely contributed to an interesting new plot line...Grace's revival and accelerated pregnancy. A definitely interesting twist, Dr. Arden obviously felt the same...which spurred his desire to perform an x-ray and c-section on Grace. Fortunately Pepper was there to protect Grace, leading her into a pretty interesting (yet disturbing) speech on freak's...like her. A possibility for season three could be a circus freak show!

Farm

Episode 10 seemed to have a lot of animals being thrown around in conversation (ducks, parrots, dogs). While those are not really traditional farm animals, season three could take place on a place that generally houses animals, like a farm or possibly even a zoo.

Fans will have to wait patiently for Ryan Murphy to reveal the epic plans for season three of "American Horror Story," but he did leave a couple hints with Entertainment Weekly to hold fans over.

"I sorta feel like for the third season I want to do something that's a little bit more 'evil glamour.' Just something that's a little bit more...one of the things that I missed this season was I really loved having that Romeo & Juliet youth story with Violet and Tate," explained Murphy. "I want something like that again and we're doing something like that in the third season. And we're contemplating shooting it in a place in the country where true horror has been. We've got lots of delicious plans."

thanks ctown!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Jessica Lange was on The View today. She looked great & told everyone that she doesn't like being scared. She also said that she doesn't watch the show so she doesn't know how to do a scary face.

No info on Season Three except that there will be one.

She said the creator of the show asked her what she would like to do that she has never done before. She told him she never played a drunk & she also said she wanted to sing & dance, hence The Name Game which they played a clip of.

She says the creator draws from personal experiences & things he's interested in such as madness & also he has a lot of issues with the Catholic church...no kidding, lol!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Lyndsey45 wrote:
Jessica Lange was on The View today. She looked great & told everyone that she doesn't like being scared. She also said that she doesn't watch the show so she doesn't know how to do a scary face.

She said the creator of the show asked her what she would like to do that she has never done before. She told him she never played a drunk & she also said she wanted to sing & dance, hence The Name Game which they played a clip of.

She says the creator draws from personal experiences & things he's interested in such as madness & also he has a lot of issues with the Catholic church...no kidding, lol!

Ya think? Very Happy Wink That would explain the backwards sign of the cross!

Last edited by capricious1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:33 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

Ya think? Very Happy Sad-Cry That would explain the backwards sign of the cross!

Yes, you definitely could be right! His way of saying "screw you church".
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:02 am

Considering the fact that Ryan Murphy is a very open homosexual, can you realy fault him with the issues he has with the Catholic Church?
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 am

ctown28 wrote:
Considering the fact that Ryan Murphy is a very open homosexual, can you realy fault him with the issues he has with the Catholic Church?

If he has issues with the church it is his business, not mine. Frankly, I am sick of everyone bashing the church (all churches as it is open season on Christians lately). Btw, I know of a lot of openly gay Catholics.

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:02 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

If he has issues with the church it is his business, not mine. Frankly, I am sick of everyone bashing the church (all churches as it is open season on Christians lately). Btw, I know of a lot of openly gay Catholics.

But how many of the churches are accepting of the openly gay Catholics? Not many. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong in a situation like that and really have no issue with it. But the fact is that the church will look down on gays and speak of the abomination that it is for man to lay with man yet they are still being hounded by the allegations of priests molesting altar boys.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 pm

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

But how many of the churches are accepting of the openly gay Catholics? Not many. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong in a situation like that and really have no issue with it. But the fact is that the church will look down on gays and speak of the abomination that it is for man to lay with man yet they are still being hounded by the allegations of priests molesting altar boys.

That is because people combine (in the church and outrside of it) the idea of homosexuality and pedophelia in regard to the sexual assault cases. The church sexual assault cases were perpetrated by pedophiles, not gays. Shame on anyone (in the church and outside of it) who considers them one in the same.

Oops, sorry, way off topic and it is a very touchy subject for me so I am going to shut my trap! Smile

back to AHS.......oh I hope it is some kind of witchcraft story......that would be fun

Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:45 pm

ctown28 wrote:

I didn't know that, but to each his own. Years ago it seemed that whatever church you belonged to, you had to follow the teachings & rules a hundred percent or not at all. I think churches lost a lot of folks because of that. Now I believe that people are picking & choosing which rules to follow...such as birth control. The church forbids birth control, but I'll bet 99% of folks practice it & how many are using invitro? I don't think you necessarily have to "belong" to a certain religious organization, but the ten commandments & the golden rule are good & basic teachings to follow. IMO people are free to pick & choose what works for them...you can't please all the people all the time & nothing is perfect....just be a good person, most of it is common sense.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Two episodes left to wrap things up and everything looks so sloppy right now. Still way too much going on and I don't see how/if they can tie everything together. Looks like they were all sepearate storylines and will remain where one has nothing to do with the other. I mean the whole Dr Arden/SME story has been told, other than making Arden a scapegoat for something else, what does it have to do with anything?

Those are the things that make this season inferior to last season. For example, last season, when Larry (burned guy) story was over and he went off to prison, he at least had ties to the house and the rest of the story.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Male Posts : 6340

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 pm

I will have to see how it all pans out before I decide for sure which season I like best. But so far with charaters and setting, I kinda favour this season. This show is one of the best on tv right now, so the flaws to me are very few and their is much unique creativity in the show with the writing and acting.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:50 pm

So I just watched "Spilt Milk" last night and I have to say it was one of my favorite episodes of the season. This was what I wanted to see from the start.

I have to go with ctown, I like the first season more than this season. Then again, I love a good ghost story. What the creators of this show did do was give a good idea of the "American Horror Story" that was (some say still is), our treatment of the mentally ill. Psychohistory is a real wake up call not to repeat the past!

My only complaint......too much going on. We could have done without the aliens. There was enough of a story line with Bloody Face, the crooked monsignor, and SME. Otherwise, it is still one of my favorite shows, next to Fringe. I look forward to seeing how they wrap thigs up and of course, next season.

Is is me or does it seem like they are dropping a lot of hints with the jukebox music this season......"I put a spell on you," hmmm, probably just me wishing for a witchcraft story! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:21 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Is is me or does it seem like they are dropping a lot of hints with the jukebox music this season......"I put a spell on you," hmmm, probably just me wishing for a witchcraft story! Very Happy

http://www.examiner.com/article/american-horror-story-spoilers-continuum-details-season-three-clues-1

The article above makes a couple of interesting observations of things that Dr. Thredson said that could possibly be considered a clue to Season 3's setting.

This week, another subtle clue could definitely support this theory. Thredson tells Lana what he couldn't burn of Wendy’s body, he cut up.

Then he said, “There are pieces of her scattered from Plymouth to Springfield.”

The Salem Witch Trials took place in various cities in Massachusetts. According to an article on celebrateboston.com, “"The first suspicion of witchcraft in the New England colonies began at Springfield, Massachusetts, as early as 1645."

Personally, I think they are either making the clues way too obvious, or they are red herrings!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:54 pm

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

http://www.examiner.com/article/american-horror-story-spoilers-continuum-details-season-three-clues-1

The article above makes a couple of interesting observations of things that Dr. Thredson said that could possibly be considered a clue to Season 3's setting.

This week, another subtle clue could definitely support this theory. Thredson tells Lana what he couldn't burn of Wendy’s body, he cut up.

Then he said, “There are pieces of her scattered from Plymouth to Springfield.”

The Salem Witch Trials took place in various cities in Massachusetts. According to an article on celebrateboston.com, “"The first suspicion of witchcraft in the New England colonies began at Springfield, Massachusetts, as early as 1645."

Personally, I think they are either making the clues way too obvious, or they are red herrings!

Good point ctown!

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Last nights episode was mediocre at best. I'm hoping that the finale really ties things together, but I don't see how that is going to happen in just one episode.

One of the big problems with the episode last night is when it cut from 1967 to present day (when it goes from Kit leaving the bookstore to Johnny sitting in his car, it wasn't clear that there was a time shift, it looked like itwas just one continuous shot and Johnny was stalking Kit. Poor cinematography IMO
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:53 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Last nights episode was mediocre at best. I'm hoping that the finale really ties things together, but I don't see how that is going to happen in just one episode.

One of the big problems with the episode last night is when it cut from 1967 to present day (when it goes from Kit leaving the bookstore to Johnny sitting in his car, it wasn't clear that there was a time shift, it looked like itwas just one continuous shot and Johnny was stalking Kit. Poor cinematography IMO

I enjoyed the episode until that point. That just ticked me off for some reason. It was a bit confusing. Poor Sister Jude (Betty Drake), Grace, and Pepper.......oh no! And, what is up with the AOD? Is she just a figment of Sister Jude's imagination?

Also, if they are going to take the time to put them in there, I want to see one of those damn aliens close up! Mad6

ps( they put so many commericals for that movie "Mama" that I want to see it now, love Guillermo del Toro)

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

I enjoyed the episode until that point. That just ticked me off for some reason. It was a bit confusing. Poor Sister Jude (Betty Drake), Grace, and Pepper.......oh no! And, what is up with the AOD? Is she just a figment of Sister Jude's imagination?

Also, if they are going to take the time to put them in there, I want to see one of those damn aliens close up! Mad6

ps( they put so many commericals for that movie "Mama" that I want to see it now, love Guillermo del Toro)

While I do think the AOD does exist, as she is the one that took Sister Mary Eunice and others, in this case the AOD was party of Jude being crazy!

Oh and Capri, you want another hint that leads to witchcraft. Take a look at the Name Game song scene again, notice that Lana is wearing red shoes? So what you say? What color were Dorothy's shoes in the Wizard of Oz and wehre did she get them? From a witch!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Holy Shit she is wearing red shoes! Whoa!

Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm

capricious1 wrote:

In this weeks epi when the sheriff was at the house..he made a point of saying something about Massachusettes...another hint maybe?
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Lyndsey45 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

In this weeks epi when the sheriff was at the house..he made a point of saying something about Massachusettes...another hint maybe?

Oh, I hope so! By the way, they do a very lousy job with their New England accents, lol.

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 am

To me that finale was absolutely horrible. Didn't start off too bad and things were moving along, but they wasted WAY too much time on the Sister Jude being with Kit's family thing. Did we really need to see all of that. Because of it, they rushed the whole ending to the monsignor scandal.

The final scene was also worthless IMO, it should have just ended with Lana killing bloody face jr, and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:13 pm

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-tv-q-a--sarah-paulson-on-saying-goodbye-to-lana-winters-on--american-horror-story--215757136.html

Here's an interview with Lana Banana!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   

Back to top Go down

American horror story
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next