View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8836

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:45 am

Well tonight is the final episode of the year, but at least the show is not doing a 2 month break like a lot of other shows, it will be back after 3 weeks. I think the next episode will be Jan 2. But her eis the problem I have with the show and why last year was far superior. Tonight episode will have not just 1 cliffhanger ending, but 5 cliffhanger endings. Do the writers not realize that this is way too many things going on at once. I can see 1 or 2, but 5?

Oh, and we will get to see who the modern day bloody face is tonight. All I know is that he's played by
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11266

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 am

ctown28 wrote:
Well tonight is the final episode of the year, but at least the show is not doing a 2 month break like a lot of other shows, it will be back after 3 weeks. I think the next episode will be Jan 2. But her eis the problem I have with the show and why last year was far superior. Tonight episode will have not just 1 cliffhanger ending, but 5 cliffhanger endings. Do the writers not realize that this is way too many things going on at once. I can see 1 or 2, but 5?

Oh, and we will get to see who the modern day bloody face is tonight. All I know is that he's played by
Spoiler:

And I am soooooooo grouchy about this! I wanted Bloody Face to be a woman! Dammit! Mad6

I know, not one cliffhanger, but 5! Holy Shit

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:28 am

capricious1 wrote:

And I am soooooooo grouchy about this! I wanted Bloody Face to be a woman! Dammit! Mad6

I know, women have come such a long way for equal rights, but they just can't seem to make any progess when it comes to serial killing! Confused
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2692

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:29 pm

ctown28 wrote:

Spoiler:

Thanks for the info about the cliffhangers. I will keep tonights epi on my dvr & watch it again before the next episode....I know during three weeks time with the holidays in between I will have forgotten everything by then, lol. I agree ctown, five is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:31 pm

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

I know, women have come such a long way for equal rights, but they just can't seem to make any progess when it comes to serial killing! Confused

Certain things are sometimes best left to the "boys"! lol!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:52 pm

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Moon

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:15 am

Did anyone notice in the last episode the monsignor blessed himself the wrong way. I love to find these little mistakes, but you'd think being a monsignor who wants to be the pope would pay more attention to detail lol!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:48 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:
Did anyone notice in the last episode the monsignor blessed himself the wrong way. I love to find these little mistakes, but you'd think being a monsignor who wants to be the pope would pay more attention to detail lol!

Very seldom do I notice things like this and didn't notice anything here. Could you please elaborate on what he did wrong?
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:43 am

ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

Very seldom do I notice things like this and didn't notice anything here. Could you please elaborate on what he did wrong?

I am not sure, so I need to check but it did look funny, like he went from right to left instead of left to right when blessing himself.......need to go look! Smile

JUST CHECKED! Nice job eagle eye Lyndsey! cheers He DID bless from right to left! It should be left to right!

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:15 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

I am not sure, so I need to check but it did look funny, like he went from right to left instead of left to right when blessing himself.......need to go look! Smile

JUST CHECKED! Nice job eagle eye Lyndsey! cheers He DID bless from right to left! It should be left to right!

I can never remember the right way myself. That should tell you how often I'm in a catholic church!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:46 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

OK, I did a little research into the topic. Here is what I found:

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/re0129.html

So it's possible that he did do it the correct way, perhaps he's Orthodox
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

OK, I did a little research into the topic. Here is what I found:

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/re0129.html

So it's possible that he did do it the correct way, perhaps he's Orthodox

Very Happy could be, but if you did that wrong in front of my mother (Eucharistic minister, queen of the Catholics, lol) she would lose it! Embarassed

I just figured the writer, producers did not know any better.

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:17 pm

capricious1 wrote:

Could be, but this little bit of research just goes to show you how caught up people get in our own way. That nice little article I linked actually did a good job of explaining it.

I dare you to show it to your mom!
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:33 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

Exactly! Forehead to chest to left shoulder to right shoulder. I don't think the monsignor was Greek or Russian orthodox...he wants to be the pope so he'd have to be Roman Catholic. If we did it wrong in school the nuns would have hit us over the head w/a ruler.....aaaahhhh the good old days, lol.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:25 am

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Could be, but this little bit of research just goes to show you how caught up people get in our own way. That nice little article I linked actually did a good job of explaining it.

Oh hell no, I am no dummy! Very Happy

Lyndsey, that is a good point, he is a Catholic who has aspirations for Rome and the Pope! So he was doing it wrong!

Lol, Sister Helen would have paddled my tushie if I did that during Catechism! Ooops

Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 am

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Oh hell no, I am no dummy! Very Happy

Lyndsey, that is a good point, he is a Catholic who has aspirations for Rome and the Pope! So he was doing it wrong!

Lol, Sister Helen would have paddled my tushie if I did that during Catechism! Ooops

OMG, my Mom had a nun cousin named Sister Helen! As a young child I was afraid of her because back in the old days she wore a habit with a huge hood & all you could see of her was her face & hands...I had no idea what the rest of her was made of, lol.

OMG
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:08 am

Here is a good description of a nun:

mean old ladies that never get laid so they dress up like penguins and beat the shit out of little kids with rulers! lol!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 pm

ctown28 wrote:

mean old ladies that never get laid so they dress up like penguins and beat the shit out of little kids with rulers! lol!

Actually, they are the original urban terrorists! Very Happy Check these badass ladies out! lol!
Don't forget your homework with this crew! Donald Duck

Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Actually, they are the original urban terrorists! Very Happy Check these badass ladies out! lol!
Don't forget your homework with this crew! Donald Duck

A picture is worth a thousand words! affraid
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 am

WHOA! What a crazy episode! Loved the "new" Pepper!

I am wondering if they "jumped the shark" wth the song and dance number....but the show is so wacky it seemed to work.

I don't want to give too much away but what a fitting end for that "twist" Dr. Arden (perfect way for the Nazi soldier to go, and notice the position he layed in....)!

And what is up with the modern "Bloody Face" in the preview for the next episode.......are we adding vampires to the mix? affraid

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:14 pm

I loved the song and dance number. As sson as I read the title of the episode I immediately thought of the song.

And you're right, it seemed to work perfectly and they looked like they had an absolute blast with it:

ctown ctown bo btown banana fana fo fi town mi my mo mi town...ctown

Let's try Capri:

Capri Capri bo Bapri banana fana fo fapri mi my mo mapri...capri

I just wish one of the characters name was Chuck:

Chuck Chuck bo buck, banana fana fo FUCK] mi my mo muck...Chuck!

Last edited by ctown28 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks ctown, I haven't watched the lastest episode yet, but this gives me something to look forward to. I'm glad to see Pepper is featured a bit more...I find her character fascinating.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Lyndsey45 wrote:
Thanks ctown, I haven't watched the lastest episode yet, but this gives me something to look forward to. I'm glad to see Pepper is featured a bit more...I find her character fascinating.

Pepper's role is definitely relevant now!

One of the things I like about this show is how they can showcase lesser known talent. They have Jessica Lange to draw people in, and she definitely stole the show last season. But this season the show is stole by Lily Rabe (Sister Mary Eunice) IMO. And now Naomi Grossman is showing some great depth in her portrayal of Pepper!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Lyndsey45 wrote:

Pepper's role is definitely relevant now!

One of the things I like about this show is how they can showcase lesser known talent. They have Jessica Lange to draw people in, and she definitely stole the show last season. But this season the show is stole by Lily Rabe (Sister Mary Eunice) IMO. And now Naomi Grossman is showing some great depth in her portrayal of Pepper!

Agreed!

Now I have been lurking around the FX forums and there is all kinds of chatter (now it is just chatter and speculation) about the possibility of next season being some kind of down south, bayou, witchcraft, voodo, type of show. THAT sounds great.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57562075/american-horror-story-season-3-ryan-murphy-hints-at-whats-to-come/

@Lyndsey, first of all..... :(finger31): Second, the episode is great. Love the "space" music at the beginning with Pepper and Dr. Arden. Lots of goodies in this episode.

Damn, I hate when this show ends but I am looking forward to The Following, The Americans and the return of Justified.

Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 am

I finally got to watch the episode & loved it. I guess Dr. Arden & Sister Eunice are off to hell together, lol. Had to watch The Name Game a couple of times...it really looked like a lot of fun. You know what kind of creeped me out.....Pepper speaks with a "normal" voice. I pictured her having this really snarly kind of slobbering voice & when her head popped up & she spoke normal, it was creepy....aside from what she looks like.

I love the idea of voodoo & witchcraft for next season...hope it's true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   

Back to top Go down

American horror story
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next