Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11259

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:57 am

ctown28 wrote:
Does anyone else think that Max von Sydow would be the perfect casting choice for Dr. Arden?

Obviously he may be too old to play the part now, but I just can't help but think of what a great job he could do with that character.

YES! cheers He would be amazingly creepy!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:38 am

WOW! Can this show get any creepier? cheers

_______________________________________________________________________________________
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance."   ee cummings
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8828

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:05 am

I'm not liking this season as much as last season. It almost seems like they are trying to hard to shock the audience. There is also way too much going on and it all seems to just be convuluted.

The whole time flip from present day at the beginning then back to 19644 is not making any sense to me at all. First we are supposed to believe bloody face is still alive in present day, then they show the two thugs dressed in the bloody face masks and that gets us wondering why they are even in an abondoned asylum, and just then the real bloody face comes back! It's like the writers are going "We fooled you, it was just two goofballs, whoa wait a sec, we fooled you again."

Perhaps they need to focus on actually telling a story and stop with the shock value and quick camera cutouts. How about we get into some motivation for some of these characters instead of just continually showing they are even more creepy?

Granted, I'm still enjoying it, but it's nowhere near as good as the way last season was.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:43 pm

ctown28 wrote:
I'm not liking this season as much as last season. It almost seems like they are trying to hard to shock the audience. There is also way too much going on and it all seems to just be convuluted.

The whole time flip from present day at the beginning then back to 19644 is not making any sense to me at all. First we are supposed to believe bloody face is still alive in present day, then they show the two thugs dressed in the bloody face masks and that gets us wondering why they are even in an abondoned asylum, and just then the real bloody face comes back! It's like the writers are going "We fooled you, it was just two goofballs, whoa wait a sec, we fooled you again."

Perhaps they need to focus on actually telling a story and stop with the shock value and quick camera cutouts. How about we get into some motivation for some of these characters instead of just continually showing they are even more creepy?

Granted, I'm still enjoying it, but it's nowhere near as good as the way last season was.

it is nothing like last season which is a good thing and a bad thing, you bring up some good points here---there is a lot going on-----time to settle down and get into the characters and story. I admit, I loved the "Bloody Face" twist last night.

Still one of my favorites as well.

Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Male Posts : 6340

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Now that I am caught up with this season, I am loving it and so far I do not really think you can compare the 1st 3 episodes to the whole last season to know which season is really better. I love this show, do not see a for sure not as good as last season thing happening for me. It is the creepiest, most unpredicable and sexiest show I have ever seen on tv! affraid
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:22 pm

potato74 wrote:
Now that I am caught up with this season, I am loving it and so far I do not really think you can compare the 1st 3 episodes to the whole last season to know which season is really better. I love this show, do not see a for sure not as good as last season thing happening for me. It is the creepiest, most unpredicable and sexiest show I have ever seen on tv! affraid

Well Shelly certainly can't argue those points with anyone. I mean she can try, but she doesn't have a leg to stand on! :(club):
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:25 pm

ctown28 wrote:
potato74 wrote:

Well Shelly certainly can't argue those points with anyone. I mean she can try, but she doesn't have a leg to stand on! :(club):

NaNaNaNa Donald Duck BB Hamster
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:51 am

ctown28 wrote:
potato74 wrote:

Holy Shit LMFAO

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:40 am

Last nights episode was pretty good. I pretty much knew that Shelly was going to be turning into a rasper and that Arden is behind them. Medical experiments gone wrong.

I didn't see the monsignor being in cahoots with Arden angle coming so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:33 am

Bloody Face's identity will be revealed on AHS tonight. The obvious choice is Dr. Arden, but they gave us the obvious choice reveal last year with Tate as rubberman, I hope there is a nice twist this year.

I'm thinking maybe Dr Thredsen, the so far hero like psychiatrist that promised to get Lana out of there!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 am

Although I would absolutely love to see Sister Mary Eunice be revealed to be Bloody Face.

Lily Rabe is stealing the show this season the way Jessica Lange did last season.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Although I would absolutely love to see Sister Mary Eunice be revealed to be Bloody Face.

Lily Rabe is stealing the show this season the way Jessica Lange did last season.

Me too! cheers I keep thinking Bloody Face is a woman. Dr. Arden is just so obvious, I will be upset if it is him. What if it is the monsignor? affraid

Lily is stealing the show, she is amazing.

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:35 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Me too! cheers I keep thinking Bloody Face is a woman. Dr. Arden is just so obvious, I will be upset if it is him. What if it is the monsignor? affraid

Lily is stealing the show, she is amazing.

I think the monsignor would be as much of a copout as Dr Arden since it's been revelaed that the two are in cahoots about something.

What would be really awesome is if bloody face was Pepper!

Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 pm

lol! I think Pepper is too short, Bloody Face seems tall and I think he/she moves like a woman. We will find out tonight! cheers

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:39 pm

The amazing thing about pepper is the actress who plays her:

That's a hell of a makeup job.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2692

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Pepper fascinates me....like a disturbing train wreck, but I just can't look away, lol. Wish they involved her more in the story line.

I don't trust the motives of the "kindly doctor"...something isn't right with him.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:10 am

Lyndsey45 wrote:
Pepper fascinates me....like a disturbing train wreck, but I just can't look away, lol. Wish they involved her more in the story line.

I don't trust the motives of the "kindly doctor"...something isn't right with him.

I agree! Something is not right!

Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2692

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 am

Well I'll be damned! Won't spoil it for those who haven't watched tonight's episode.
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 am

Well I bet potato was all excited when they showed that lampshade!

Did anyone notice the nipple on it?
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 am

ctown28 wrote:

First of all.... lol! and then, ewwwwww, the nipple and the skull candy jar.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed.........I sooooo wanted it to be Sister Mary Eunice!

I don't want to spoil things for anyone but the very end of the episode.....what Grace said to Kit.......... Holy Shit

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 pm

capricious1 wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

First of all.... lol! and then, ewwwwww, the nipple and the skull candy jar.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed.........I sooooo wanted it to be Sister Mary Eunice!

I don't want to spoil things for anyone but the very end of the episode.....what Grace said to Kit.......... Holy Shit

This is what I love about this show, although they did a much better job of it last year, there were so many lingeing questions, mostly the bloody face one, and they have been answered, but while answereing them, they opened a whole new slew of questions.

From what I understand, next week we'll get some background on Threadsons character and how he became bloody face.

What's also nice is we now have it confirmed that Arden was a guard in the death camp and we don't have to woory about the Anne Frank character any longer. His picture in that old photo confirmed that everything she said about him is true. But she has told others before she was lobotomized.

And what's up with Sister Jude? Reverting back to her old ways now?
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Sister Mary Eunice really messed up when she "took care of" Shelly (or whatever that is that is left of her), what is she up to? confused

As for Sister Jude, she seems to think she is a goner so why not go back to her old tricks?

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Sister Mary Eunice really messed up when she "took care of" Shelly (or whatever that is that is left of her), what is she up to? confused

As for Sister Jude, she seems to think she is a goner so why not go back to her old tricks?

Actually she didn't, remember, Sister Mary Eunice is still possessed by Satan, she is not sympathizing with Arden, she wants him to suffer as well. He thinks she took Shelly to the woods, when obviously she didn't. Look for this to come back to Briarcliff somehow.

Now that being said. FX has already renewed AHS for a 3rd season:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/fxs-american-horror-story-renewed-for- third-installment/
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:01 pm

ctown28 wrote:

I have yet to see last nights show, but now I have a nipple to add to the looking forward to seeing it all Donald Duck NaNaNaNa BB Hamster
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:27 pm

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Actually she didn't, remember, Sister Mary Eunice is still possessed by Satan, she is not sympathizing with Arden, she wants him to suffer as well. He thinks she took Shelly to the woods, when obviously she didn't. Look for this to come back to Briarcliff somehow.

Now that being said. FX has already renewed AHS for a 3rd season:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/fxs-american-horror-story-renewed-for- third-installment/

That is exactly why I am wondering what she is up to.........

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American horror story   

Back to top Go down

American horror story
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next