Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11266

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:05 am

KermitTFrog wrote:
I agree - the excitement over seeing CGI dinosaurs is wearing off. The writing was never top notch - more "if you are into Twilight, you're gonna love this" instead.

I watch this then House - other than football, I don't have anything else to watch anyway, so its not conflicting with anything

EXACTLY! But I will say the past few episodes have been pretty good, I love all this drama surrounding Commander Taylor, his son, and the sixers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:06 am

potato74 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
umm potato, you still have my blanket, I gave it to you the night of the tequila road trip (remember air supply tattoo?) Why don't you bring it with you when you come over to watch.

Ok buttercup! It's a date!

Laughing Laughing BUTTERCUP! I just read that! :queen:

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:13 pm

capricious1 wrote:
EXACTLY! But I will say the past few episodes have been pretty good, I love all this drama surrounding Commander Taylor, his son, and the sixers.

Yes - and while it might draw comparisons to Fringe and "Over There", maybe if we saw more of the "Future" world and the conflicts with Terra Nova, that would be better.

I read a review of the ep and agreed with the OP - this family that they made the focus is kinda boring.

Are we supposed to care that that girl is the spy - she barely gets any screen time to care.

Heck - the Sixers are living more like you'd expect anyway.

I don't know how much of the 2nd half is in the can, but they need to pick things up. The previews seemed to indicate this happening - we'll see if its true.

Otherwise they will be another one season show

Maybe they need Jack Bauer to come across
:railgun:
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

Male Posts : 6340

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:35 pm

capricious1 wrote:
KermitTFrog wrote:
I agree - the excitement over seeing CGI dinosaurs is wearing off. The writing was never top notch - more "if you are into Twilight, you're gonna love this" instead.

I watch this then House - other than football, I don't have anything else to watch anyway, so its not conflicting with anything

I like it enough and compared to most tv shows it is a really good show! It is cool to watch with a freind too! :(starry):
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:38 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Yes - and while it might draw comparisons to Fringe and "Over There", maybe if we saw more of the "Future" world and the conflicts with Terra Nova, that would be better.

I read a review of the ep and agreed with the OP - this family that they made the focus is kinda boring.

Are we supposed to care that that girl is the spy - she barely gets any screen time to care.

Heck - the Sixers are living more like you'd expect anyway.

I don't know how much of the 2nd half is in the can, but they need to pick things up. The previews seemed to indicate this happening - we'll see if its true.

Otherwise they will be another one season show

Maybe they need Jack Bauer to come across
:railgun:

The show does need some lost injected into it! Lost is to me THE show of all TV shows, loved that show so much that I was so sad when it went off the air! Watching it all over in order on Netflicks now! But Tera Nova is a good show, but not great! But sure not like allot of the crappy shows on tv I could not sit thru for one minute!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:42 pm

Oh so THAT is what happened to Lost....the potato kiss of death? Oh no! lol! lol!

only kidding, sugarpie :(hugging):

Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:53 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Oh so THAT is what happened to Lost....the potato kiss of death? Oh no! lol! lol!

You better be kidding or rumor has it on the off topic post that a spanking might be in order affraid Twisted Evil lol! lol! affraid affraid affraid affraid Razz Cool Shocked silent Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:01 pm

potato74 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

You better be kidding or rumor has it on the off topic post that a spanking might be in order affraid Twisted Evil lol! lol! affraid affraid affraid affraid Razz Cool Shocked silent Razz Razz Razz

You would know......... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1228

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:45 pm

This show really is a roller coaster, theres good episodes then a bad episode, theres one you expect to be very good but ends up being alright. I enjoy the show, a renewal is unlikely but I'm hoping.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:29 am

mk_philly wrote:
This show really is a roller coaster, theres good episodes then a bad episode, theres one you expect to be very good but ends up being alright. I enjoy the show, a renewal is unlikely but I'm hoping.

So true! I am hoping it gets renewed as well but like you, I doubt it.

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8836

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:06 am

It really has a fabulous premise and it is a shame that thye filling the first season with so much fluff that it is in danger of not returning.

They are finally starting to get into the good parts of it and that is probably what they will try to sell the networks on.

I understand the need to develop some characters, but they didn't spend nearly enough time on the Sixers and the reason for them not being a part of the colony
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:11 am

ctown28 wrote:
It really has a fabulous premise and it is a shame that thye filling the first season with so much fluff that it is in danger of not returning.

They are finally starting to get into the good parts of it and that is probably what they will try to sell the networks on.

I understand the need to develop some characters, but they didn't spend nearly enough time on the Sixers and the reason for them not being a part of the colony

Exactly, less time on the teenage romance and more about the sixers and the Commanders son---that is interesting stuff.

Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:25 pm

I would think that at this point it may not be renewed unless the second half shows a ratings jump big time.

The cost of CGI vs the ratings would be the deciding factor.

It does not help that it has the delapated House as its follow-up show.

Move TN to Friday before Fringe to make that a Sci Fi night and move whatever Ramsey show is on (KN before the break) to Monday
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8836

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:
I would think that at this point it may not be renewed unless the second half shows a ratings jump big time.

The cost of CGI vs the ratings would be the deciding factor.

It does not help that it has the delapated House as its follow-up show.

Move TN to Friday before Fringe to make that a Sci Fi night and move whatever Ramsey show is on (KN before the break) to Monday

The CGI cost will end up being it's downfall.

I'm not so certain the followup show has as much to do with a leadin show, but with the family audience they seem to be going for, they really can't put it on any later
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Just checked the latest ratings and they are very bad and the show it totally losing money! I really like the show, but I expect the plug to be pulled real soon and maybe they will show the remaining episodes before and after sweeps. At best, it will make it thru Janurary. It is a good show, I like it, compered to most crap on TV.
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Drop that guy's family from being the focus - show some of "the future" if there is supposed to be a conflict brewing - more action/adventure less ABC Family

We'll see what the 2nd half produces. Maybe we'll only see what was in the can w/o any new eps?
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:35 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:
Drop that guy's family from being the focus - show some of "the future" if there is supposed to be a conflict brewing - more action/adventure less ABC Family

We'll see what the 2nd half produces. Maybe we'll only see what was in the can w/o any new eps?

I so agree, the show could use some more Bite! Where are the real "others" when you need them. And where is the "Locke" Or "Kate" or Sawyer type characters that we all learned to love. Good show, but sure is not "Lost" at all!
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1228

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:32 am

capricious1 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

Only thing I'm counting on is that they're looking at more than the 18-49 demo because the specifically put it on a more family friendly hour so whole families can watch, kids included. I don't know how they figure that out though, hopefully they do and take that in to account.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:57 pm

mk_philly wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
mk_philly wrote:

Only thing I'm counting on is that they're looking at more than the 18-49 demo because the specifically put it on a more family friendly hour so whole families can watch, kids included. I don't know how they figure that out though, hopefully they do and take that in to account.

I hope so too!

Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Only one more episode of this show and right now they are calling it the season finale for next monday, but sadly it think it is the series finale Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:32 pm

As we have said before - too much family time, not enough drama

They are doing the drama NOW but too little too late?

Unfortunately production costs - ratings = 1 season and done
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:38 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:
As we have said before - too much family time, not enough drama

They are doing the drama NOW but too little too late?

Unfortunately production costs - ratings = 1 season and done

Well at least it made it to a half season and they did not pull it from production. It was a great concept, but only a good show. On a scale of 0% to 100% of suck to awsome, I would give it a 80%. I thought it was better than 80% of the other :(shitsmell): on TV! b :(nerdface):
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 pm

I would figure whatever eps were already filmed/CGI'd they would air. If they finished with a cliffhanger (that may not get resolved), it might be something involving the "future" and the next group to arrive

As I've said before, after awhile, the alure of watching CGI dinosaurs wore off and you were down to the story. We did not see a lot of creatures which meant we were left with something from ABC Family/Twilight...too much involving the kids - not enough involving the adults

Maybe they can move it to Friday - have a Terra Nova/Fringe SiFi night
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:52 pm

KermitTFrog wrote:
I would figure whatever eps were already filmed/CGI'd they would air. If they finished with a cliffhanger (that may not get resolved), it might be something involving the "future" and the next group to arrive

As I've said before, after awhile, the alure of watching CGI dinosaurs wore off and you were down to the story. We did not see a lot of creatures which meant we were left with something from ABC Family/Twilight...too much involving the kids - not enough involving the adults
Maybe they can move it to Friday - have a Terra Nova/Fringe SiFi night

Kermit it is what I have been saying all along, enough of the teenage angst, let's learn some more about the sixers or the history of the place!

Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:52 pm

They forgot they are on a PACKED TV night...if you don't have a WOW presentation, viewers will flip to other stations.

Comedy on CBS - DWTS on ABC - whatever NBC is showing - various cable shows - and Fox

Pick a demographic - is it science fiction...is it family?

This is the slot 24 had...look at what you are replacing - adventure/drama!

Oh well - one and done it seems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   

Back to top Go down

Terra Nova
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next