HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Terra Nova

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Terra Nova   Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:45 am

Is anyone planning on watching this show tonight?

Looks like it's gonna be a great show, I really hope it doesn't disappoint
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:00 pm

I DVR'ed it, I hope it is good! Have not seen it yet.
Back to top Go down
Lyndsey45
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Female Posts : 2692
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : Here if not there

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Due to my love of dinos (yep, I never grew up, lol), I really liked the first episode. Looks like they put a lot of money into the production, so I'm hoping it will continue to keep me interested. So far this show is a ton better than the cheesy Sci-fi channel movies I watch every weekend....affraid
Back to top Go down
Nikita
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder
avatar

Female Posts : 3756
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : Good ol' USA!

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:52 pm

The hubby and I enjoyed it - looks like we're going to be regulars with this one.

Only one thing the hubby griped about - "move on with the drama shit! let's get some action going" - and we were both a bit pissed off with the "Son" - hopefully it won't drown in "family drama" (teenage kids acting like "rebels without a cause"! LOL).

Other than that - I like the lil mystery and of course, great special effects!
Back to top Go down
http://bbjunkies.crazy4us.com
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Nikita wrote:
The hubby and I enjoyed it - looks like we're going to be regulars with this one.

Only one thing the hubby griped about - "move on with the drama shit! let's get some action going" - and we were both a bit pissed off with the "Son" - hopefully it won't drown in "family drama" (teenage kids acting like "rebels without a cause"! LOL).

Other than that - I like the lil mystery and of course, great special effects!

The reviews said it was very good a cross between lost and lost in space. Good scifi, family style.

Hey Nikita, do you like the show Nikita, it is one of my favs, two bass ass sweet and tuff women on that one, awsome! cheers
Back to top Go down
Nikita
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder
avatar

Female Posts : 3756
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : Good ol' USA!

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:56 pm

The reviews should be good - the show's great so far.

Yes, I watched a few shows of the series Nikita - didn't care for it much. I did enjoy the movie though "La Femme Nikita".
Back to top Go down
http://bbjunkies.crazy4us.com
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 1228
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Show - Very good
Reviews - Very Good
Ratings - Not so good

People need to watch this show or it won't make it past Mid-season.
Back to top Go down
Nikita
Admin - Founder
Admin - Founder
avatar

Female Posts : 3756
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : Good ol' USA!

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:07 pm

mk_philly wrote:
Show - Very good
Reviews - Very Good
Ratings - Not so good

People need to watch this show or it won't make it past Mid-season.

WHOA! Ratings not so good? WTF? Where's the viewers at? LOL! It's not a good time to go out and spend too much money with this economy right now - people need to start putting away something and SIT HOME AND WATCH SOME SHOWS!
Back to top Go down
http://bbjunkies.crazy4us.com
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 1228
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:15 pm

I thought it would get betting ratings than it did. But 9.2 million and a 3.1 rating is not good. I can't even blame Monday Night Football but that got its regular 20 million.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Finally saw this show and I really liked it! My fave new show and one of the best shows on TV right now in my book. But, as ususal, this show and some others I like, due to ratings may not make it to November confused No Duh!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Posts : 8836
Join date : 2011-08-04
Location : Cleveland, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:19 pm

It needs a new time slot. Monday nights are not gonna cut it. Same slot Sarah Conner Chronicles had and that was a great show that fell victim to the shit timeslot!
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:25 pm

ctown28 wrote:
It needs a new time slot. Monday nights are not gonna cut it. Same slot Sarah Conner Chronicles had and that was a great show that fell victim to the shit timeslot!

You are so right. I loved Sarah Conner too and Have been watching the re-runs again. But then they moved Sarah Conner to fridays and it bit the dust! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 1228
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:14 pm

It had the Monday 8pm EST timeslot to make it a more family friendly show. It's the first time a show other than House has aired on FOX in that slot so ithas that going for it. They decided to put House against 2 and a half Men which it looks like it's the last season of House anyways so they're not worried about the ratings for that show.

Word of mouth is spreading on the show so hopefully the audience increases. I still think its funny that they want a more "family friendly" show but only care about the 18-49 demo. like all families are adults only lol. They really need a new ratings system, thats one of the biggest problems with shows getting canceled.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:23 pm

mk_philly wrote:
It had the Monday 8pm EST timeslot to make it a more family friendly show. It's the first time a show other than House has aired on FOX in that slot so ithas that going for it. They decided to put House against 2 and a half Men which it looks like it's the last season of House anyways so they're not worried about the ratings for that show.

Word of mouth is spreading on the show so hopefully the audience increases. I still think its funny that they want a more "family friendly" show but only care about the 18-49 demo. like all families are adults only lol. They really need a new ratings system, thats one of the biggest problems with shows getting canceled.

True and that is why some shows get cancelled and allot of fans that supposedly were not even there, get upset at the network! Happens all the time!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:39 pm

I LOVED this show. Dinosaurs, time travel, new world, rebel settlement---all good. Agree with Nikita, please don't let it get all mucky with teenage angst. Smile



Btw, does anyone know if Falling Skies is all done? Was it just a mini series? I liked that show as well.
Back to top Go down
mk_philly
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 1228
Join date : 2011-07-29
Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:51 am

capricious1 wrote:
I LOVED this show. Dinosaurs, time travel, new world, rebel settlement---all good. Agree with Nikita, please don't let it get all mucky with teenage angst. Smile



Btw, does anyone know if Falling Skies is all done? Was it just a mini series? I liked that show as well.

It got picked up for a 2nd season and will return around the same time as it aired this year. So you gotta wait about a year, but at least its coming back, right? I got through 1/2 the season, I'll catch up eventually.
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:23 pm

mk_philly wrote:
capricious1 wrote:
I LOVED this show. Dinosaurs, time travel, new world, rebel settlement---all good. Agree with Nikita, please don't let it get all mucky with teenage angst. Smile



Btw, does anyone know if Falling Skies is all done? Was it just a mini series? I liked that show as well.

It got picked up for a 2nd season and will return around the same time as it aired this year. So you gotta wait about a year, but at least its coming back, right? I got through 1/2 the season, I'll catch up eventually.




Thanks! Glad it's coming back, always hate the wait though.
Back to top Go down
Sunshine4all
Thread Hog!
Thread Hog!
avatar

Female Posts : 578
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:50 pm

LOVED Falling Skies! I've tried to like Terra Nova, but it just isn't my cup of tea. Hope it stays on for all of you fans, though.
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Sunshine4all wrote:
LOVED Falling Skies! I've tried to like Terra Nova, but it just isn't my cup of tea. Hope it stays on for all of you fans, though.
falling skies is a better show, but I like both!
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Hey Capi, you still watch this show? I do, I like it, not great but I good show!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:39 pm

potato74 wrote:
Hey Capi, you still watch this show? I do, I like it, not great but I good show!


yes, I do potato but I find I am losing interest a bit. Maybe I need to watch it with a friend. Smile

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:47 pm

capricious1 wrote:
potato74 wrote:
Hey Capi, you still watch this show? I do, I like it, not great but I good show!


yes, I do potato but I find I am losing interest a bit. Maybe I need to watch it with a friend.

Ok that is a deal then, cuz I was kinda loseing interest too, but we can watch it together affraid and talk about it here ok Get your blankey :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess
avatar

Female Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-08-30
Location : Sitting on the beach.

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:10 pm

umm potato, you still have my blanket, I gave it to you the night of the tequila road trip (remember air supply tattoo?) Why don't you bring it with you when you come over to watch. Smile

_______________________________________________________________________________________
“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”   Douglas Adams
Back to top Go down
potato74
BB Junkie Houseguest
BB Junkie Houseguest
avatar

Male Posts : 6340
Join date : 2011-07-07
Location : at the smoke house eating garlic bread with Capi

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:18 pm

capricious1 wrote:
umm potato, you still have my blanket, I gave it to you the night of the tequila road trip (remember air supply tattoo?) Why don't you bring it with you when you come over to watch.

Ok buttercup! It's a date!
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog
avatar

Male Posts : 1084
Join date : 2011-08-05
Location : Its chilly - time to hybernate!

PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:07 pm

I agree - the excitement over seeing CGI dinosaurs is wearing off. The writing was never top notch - more "if you are into Twilight, you're gonna love this" instead.

I watch this then House - other than football, I don't have anything else to watch anyway, so its not conflicting with anything
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Terra Nova   

Back to top Go down
 
Terra Nova
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Plant Red Nova Dragon Deck
» Nova d57200
» Unlimited Infernity Works feat Scar Red Nova
» Tips to Nova Grapplers
» Please rate my Nova Grappler Deck to-be -Updated- 21/8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dramas & Thrillers :: Dramas & Thrillers: General Comments-
Jump to: