View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctown28
Admin
Admin

Male Posts : 8828

PostSubject: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:12 am

Happy Football Day folks.

I am going to try to make predictions against the spread for each game this week. Feel free to make your own predictions as well

San Francisco at Cincinnati (-2) : Neither team is very good. Both have young QB's - Pick: Cincinnati
Lost Mad6

New England (-Cool at Buffalo : Buffalo is a surprising 2-0 at this point, New England is a not surprising 2-0. Tom Brady can move his offense at will and Bill Belichick in not afraid to run up the score. Pick : New England
Lost Mad6

Houston at New Orleans (-3.5) : Houston has looked impressive so far in this season and New Orleans would be 2-0 if not for the Packers in week 1. Look for Brees and comapny to get it done convincingly at home. Pick : Saints
Won Chicken Dance

NY Giants at Philadelphia (-7.5) : I really don't care much for wither team, but this will be a tough NFC East divisional matchup. Take the points. Pick : Giants
Won Chicken Dance

Miami at Cleveland (-3): It is against my nature to ever pick against a Cleveland team. But if I were to be betting actually money on this game, I follow these 2 simple rules. 1. Never bet the Cleveland game. 2. If you have a sure, can't miss, absolute lock of the century pick, refer to rule 1. Pick : Cleveland (Go Brownies)
Lost Mad6

Denver at Tennessee (-6.5): Two teams on a downward spiral. Look for the Titans to get it done at home. Pick:Tenessee
Lost Mad6

Detroit (-3.5) at Minnesota : I still can't believe the way the Lions have been playing and am not a believer yet. Take the home team dog. Pick : Minnesota
Won Chicken Dance

Jacksonville at Carolina (-2.5) - Cam Newton has been impressive in his first two NFL games. Eventually he will have a bad game as his welcome to the NFL, but don't look for it to happen this week. Pick:Carolina
Won Chicken Dance

Kansas City at San Diego (-13) : Never have I seen the injury bug hit a team so several this early in the season. KC has been hit hard on both sides of the ball. The Chiedfs will take another step towards the #1 pick next April. Pick: Chargers
Lost Mad6

NY Jets (-3.5)at Oakland : Rex Ryan once again has gang green playing well while Oakland has been solid. Once again I am going to go with the home team dog. Pick : Oakland
Won Chicken Dance

Baltimore (-4) at St Louis : Normally I look at a home team dog as a huge advantage for any team. Not in this case. The Ravens are reeling after last weeks loss nad the defense will look for redemtion. Pick : Baltimore
Won Chicken Dance

Atlanta at Tampa Bay (-1) : This will be the week for the Falcons to slip out of their funk and get back to business. Matt Ryan will have an explosive day. Pick : Falcons
Lost Mad6

Arizona (-1.5) at Seatlle : Yet another home team dog. Arizona has the talent to win big and will do so this week against the hapless Seahawks. Pick : Arizona
Lost Mad6

Green Bay (-3.5) at Chicago: Always a tough contest in one of the NFL's oldest rivalrys. The packers will pull it out, but will not be able to cover. Pick : Da Bears
Lost Mad6

Pittsburgh (-10) at Indianapolis : It's amazing to me to see how bad the Colts are without Peyton Manning. The Steelers got smoked in week 1 and bounced back nicely last week. That seems to be what the Steelers do. But 10 points on the road is alot to give up. Pick : Colts
Won Chicken Dance

Washington at Dallas (-6) : A game truly deserving to be on Monday night. The Cowboys won huge last week in a courageous effort by Tony Romo to play with cracked ribs. The Redskins usually play them tough and will be going after Romo hard. Take the points. Pick : Redskins

Last edited by ctown28 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Female Posts : 2191

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:03 pm

My picks: week 3 ( HARDLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL, BUT LIKE TO WATCH)

Car....WON

Ten...WON

NO....WON

MIN....LOST

PHI...LOST

NE....LOST

MIA....LOST

CIN....LOST

NYJ....LOST

BAL....WON....YIPEEEEEEE

SD....WON

ATL....LOST

CHI....LOST

ARI....LOST

PIT.....WON

DAL.....

geeeezzzz I am not doing so well ?????

Last edited by just-mema on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 pm

AND HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

Good LUCK!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

Female Posts : 11259

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:33 pm

Hey! Nice job ctown! Pink Star I just hope your prediction about the Colts does not come true as I am a Steelers fan. About the Patriots/Bills game, I live in New England and the fans here are going banana pancakes for this game, looks to be interesting. Good luck to your Browns, hope they win! cheers
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:22 pm

capricious1 wrote:
Hey! Nice job ctown! Pink Star I just hope your prediction about the Colts does not come true as I am a Steelers fan. About the Patriots/Bills game, I live in New England and the fans here are going banana pancakes for this game, looks to be interesting. Good luck to your Browns, hope they win! cheers

Thanks Cap. Notice in my prediction I did not say the Steelers would lose, just that they wouldn't cover the 10 points.

What a Browns game, my little pup is happy now but I scared her a bit yelling and whooping it up when my belvoed Brownies took the lead. I made it up to her though. Now she has herself a nice new rawhide to chew on. She's gnawing away with her little cropped tail wagging like crazy!

But the BIG story of the day! How about them Buffalo Bills! I guess they are for real! I've always liked the Bills, they are the same type of city as Cleveland and had a Cleveland Browns day back in 1995 when we lost our team for 3 years!
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:13 pm

ct picks week 3......

Cinn....LOST

NE......LOST

NO......WON

NYG.....WON

CLEV....WON

TENN....WON

MINN....LOST

CAR.....WON

SD......WON

OAK....WON

BAL.....WON...yipeeeeee

ATL....LOST

ARI.....LOST

CHI....LOST

IND

WASH

Last edited by just-mema on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Actually mema, I did worse than you are showing me, I was picking against the spread!
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:35 pm

ctown28 wrote:
Actually mema, I did worse than you are showing me, I was picking against the spread!

oh..... I go by straight up calling , no points! Sorry didnt notice your spread until now...sorrrryyy.
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:36 pm

i feel stupid sometimes, uuugggggggghhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:38 pm

just-mema wrote:
i feel stupid sometimes, uuugggggggghhhhhhh

No need to feel stupid! It's all just for fun! Laughing
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:40 pm

ctown28 wrote:
capricious1 wrote:

Thanks Cap. Notice in my prediction I did not say the Steelers would lose, just that they wouldn't cover the 10 points.
What a Browns game, my little pup is happy now but I scared her a bit yelling and whooping it up when my belvoed Brownies took the lead. I made it up to her though. Now she has herself a nice new rawhide to chew on. She's gnawing away with her little cropped tail wagging like crazy!

But the BIG story of the day! How about them Buffalo Bills! I guess they are for real! I've always liked the Bills, they are the same type of city as Cleveland and had a Cleveland Browns day back in 1995 when we lost our team for 3 years!

Yep, I noticed that! Points/spread thing always messes me up. I'm getting all jumpy for tonights game. The Buffalo/NE game was a good one, good for the Bills! Of course in this area everyone is moaning and gnashing their teeth, lol. Congrats to your Browns! :(cheerleader):
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:45 pm

just-mema wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

oh..... I go by straight up calling , no points! Sorry didnt notice your spread until now...sorrrryyy.

lol! Me too! It all gets too confusing for me.
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:52 pm

ctown28 wrote:

ct...you fix your win/loss with the points...... I am too confused!!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 pm

just-mema wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

ct...you fix your win/loss with the points...... I am too confused!!

Laughing just made a post about this issue we seem to have in potato's room!
Back to top Go down
KermitTFrog
V.I.P. Thread Hog

Male Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Woo hoo - Raiders won the Heidi Bowl Game (again)

Bring on the New England Cheaters!
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:36 am

Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:43 am

Well my picks are updated and it turns out that I am horrible at this! Hopeflly I will do better next week. Glad I am not betting on any of these games!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 am

KermitTFrog wrote:

Woo hoo - Raiders won the Heidi Bowl Game (again)

Bring on the New England Cheaters!

:(teehee): Can you tell I am NOT a New England fan. Ahhh, the ole' Jets controversy----I heard about that one for months around here!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:44 am

ctown28 wrote:
Well my picks are updated and it turns out that I am horrible at this! Hopeflly I will do better next week. Glad I am not betting on any of these games!

ctown, I appreciated the effort! Smile Still sleepy from staying up for Steelers game!
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm

ctown28 wrote:

You did much better than I did !!!! Congrats!

Next week, either we all can pick with/without points...okay? If you would be so kind as to set up the picking page with just names of teams and points/no points and then I can copy and put my picks... This is fun!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ctown28
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:51 pm

just-mema wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Next week, either we all can pick with/without points...okay? If you would be so kind as to set up the picking page with just names of teams and points/no points and then I can copy and put my picks... This is fun!!!!!

Sounds like a plan, I'll do it without the points so that I don't confuse anyone. I'll try and have them up in the next day or two so we have all week to contemplate!
Back to top Go down
just-mema
V.I.P. Thread Hog

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Awesome...this is going to fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
capricious1
Shoe Goddess
Shoe Goddess

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:18 pm

ctown28 wrote:
just-mema wrote:
ctown28 wrote:

Sounds like a plan, I'll do it without the points so that I don't confuse anyone. I'll try and have them up in the next day or two so we have all week to contemplate!

I, for one, will appreciate that! Thanks, ctown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ctown's Week 3 predictions   

Back to top Go down

ctown's Week 3 predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1